Job Opportunities at Le Jardin Academy
Le Jardin Academy is the first school in Hawaii to offer the full International Baccalaureate continuum. Le Jardin Academy is a nurturing, vigorous learning community. Our college prepatory program strives to create curious, active learners who excel scholastically and have the opportunity to develop their skills and talents. Students are supported in learning to lead balanced, healthy lives, to appreciate the arts, and to value the diverse perspectives of other people and cultures. Our goal is to develop knowledgeable, responsible and caring young people of character who help to create a more peaceful and sustainable world through understanding, stewardship, and respect.
All positions-must be authorized to work in the United States.
Le Jardin Academy values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, creed or national origin in the administration of its admission, tuition assistance, employment determination, or its other procedures or programs.
Immediate hiring for certified or non- certified teacher for Le Jardin Academy After School Program.
2:15 – 6:00 p.m., Mon-Fri, 8.75- $15/hour commensurate on qualifications.
High School diploma required must be legal to work in the United States.
Fax resume to Tori Langley 262-9339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
Le Jardin Academy is seeking a fulltime nurse for the front desk. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Handling all medical situations that arise. Organizing/tracking physical paperwork. Verifying physical/vaccine dates. Ordering medical supplies for school use.
Helping with front desk duties, including answering phones and customer service. Please submit resume and cover letter to: Lou Young, Headmaster Louis.email@example.com NO phone calls, please.
Le Jardin is seeking a full time Grade 3 teacher to cover for a maternity leave from mid-November 2014 to June 2015. A Bachelor degree in Education is required; a Master in Education is preferred. A minimum of 3 years teaching experience is required. Knowledge of and/or experience with the International Baccalaureate Primary Year Programme is a plus. Technology skills, both instructionally and for communication purposes are required. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. Please send resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Reports to: Headmaster
Direct Reports: Advancement Staff, Communications and PR Manager, Alumni
Relations Coordinator, Development Coordinator, Grant Writer,
Date: September 2014
Provide strategy and leadership for the Advancement Office, which is responsible for fund raising, development, alumni relations; marketing, communications and public relations. In particular, developing and maintaining solid relationships to ensure the success of the school’s capital fundraising.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Plans and leads the implementation of all major fundraising activities of the School including the Annual Fund and major and planned giving. This includes management and implementation of prospect research, donor cultivation and relations, gift acknowledgement and donor stewardship, grant proposals, and participation in “asks” when appropriate. Provide guidance for all fundraising and relationship building events.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of external relationships with key publics of the school, including alumni, parents of the Windward community and the rest of Oahu.
- Oversees the development of internal and external communications for the school, including print, video and electronic articles and publications, and publicity strategies for events. Ensure all communications are in line with the LJA communication strategy.
Crisis management, liaison with media and relevant parties to ensure media releases are factually correct and reflect a positive image of LJA.
- Oversees the development and implementation, in conjunction with appropriate divisions, of the overall marketing plan and strategies of the school. Key marketing and promotion activities center on recruitment of students and faculty and the overall development function of the school
- Oversee alumni programs to ensure that relations with LJA alumni are maintained and enhanced, to promote participation in LJA events and increased support in fund raising efforts.
- Provides leadership to the Advancement Office and Advancement Committee of the school’s Board of Trustees.
Prepare and monitor the annual advancement budget in order to ensure that sufficient funding is allocated and approved for various operations, and that overall operations are executed within budget.
Work as part of the LJA Schoolwide Leadership Team to collaboratively develop and lead policy, strategy and guide the direction for the school.
- Undertake other duties and functions as required by the Headmaster, which will help impact and strengthen the contributions of the function.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Marketing, Business, Communications or related field preferred..
- 8-10 years experience in public relations and development related functions, of which a minimum of 3 years should be in management with supervisory responsibilities
- Experience in fund raising and major capital campaigns
- Experience or interest in education
- Solid fundraising experience and a strong record of soliciting foundation, corporate, and individual support coupled with proven experience in dealing with the media, corporate sponsors and ideally organizing major corporate events.
- Demonstrated track record of strong leadership that is entrepreneurial, flexible, responsive and diplomatic, including a track record for leading, managing and developing a team; demonstrated ability to encourage and energize staff, professional peers, donors, community business leaders, government officials and other friends of the school.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and public speaking skills; ability to represent LJA in public forums. A clear and confident communication style that shows spirit, enthusiasm and integrity.
- High level interpersonal skills including demonstrated relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed capacity to manage a range of internal and external stakeholder relationships and respond appropriately to competing demands and interests.
- Strong interest in and passion for developing collaborative multidisciplinary working relationships and the social networks central to innovation and entrepreneurship, including the ability to coordinate relevant committees and work with the Board of Trustees.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Lou Young, Headmaster Louis.email@example.com NO phone calls, please.
Le Jardin Soccer Academy is seeking a part time aide for the 2014-2015 school year. Students who attend LJA and practice at 4:15 need to be picked up after school, escorted to a classroom to change into soccer shoes, eat a snack, do homework and then be walked to the soccer field for practice at 4:10. Then the LJA students who are in Extended Day need to be walked down to their class on campus at 4:15. The hours are from 2:30-4:30 Tuesday-Friday. Experience with young children preferred.
Please contact Shannon Pelkey at Shannon.firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified teachers & non-certified assistants for Le Jardin Academy Summer Fun Programs. Temporary positions with no benefits. Part-time morning and afternoon shifts available June 9 - August 9, 2014. $8.75-$15.00/hr commensurate with qualifications. Must have high school diploma or equivalent and be authorized to work in the United States.
Fax resume to Jennifer Schnettler at 262-9339 or email email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
Le Jardin Academy is seeking coaches for the 2014-2015 school year. Le Jardin competes in the Interscholastic League of Honolulu (ILH)
Head Coaches are needed for Girls' Volleyball, Boys/Girls Kayaking and Boys/Girls Swimming. Coaches at various levels are needed for Kayaking, Volleyball, Basketball, Swimming, Canoe Paddling, Water Polo and Golf. The ideal candidate has had extensive playing and coaching experience, is certified in the sport, is a " student of the game, " and is able to motivate and teach effectively at a variety of skill levels. Le Jardin is a nurturing and vigorous learning community. Positive communication and mutual respect among coaches, students, parents and the athletic department are valued and expected. Interested applicants, please e-mail cover letter and resume
to Kathy Erwin, Acting Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to 917 Kalanianaole Hwy, Kailua, Hawaii 96734.