The Summer School program is designed to reinforce basic skills and engage students in learning new concepts that stretch their creative, academic, and physical limits. Le Jardin Academy offers academic and enrichment courses in all disciplines and High School credit and non-credit courses.
- Summer School Program Dates
- About the Program
- Class Catalog
- REGISTRATION and Payments
- Important Summer School Policies
- Arrival and Dismissal
- Arriving Early
- Home Schooled, Mainland, International Student Health Form
- After School Programs
Summer School 2018
Le Jardin Academy Summer School program offers a variety of academic and recreational classes that run for approximately 2 hours starting at 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Registration for classes is done individually so students can take just one class or have a full schedule. Early care is available at no charge for students registered in one of our 8 a.m. classes. Extended day is also available and is offered as a class during this program.
This information will be updated in February for the 2018 program
1. Registration Form. Fill in the online Registration Form completely. By clicking submit, you have read and agreed with the Summer School 2017 policies and procedures, including withdrawal, course change, and refund policies. An outline of all policies is available in the Important Summer School Policies tab below and in the Summer School Catalog.
2. Course Selection. Select courses you would like your child to be register in for the grade they will be entering this fall. You may select an alternate course as a second option in case your first choice becomes full. You will be notified by the Summer School office should space in the full course become available.
3. Submit Application. Submit your course selection, select payment amount, pay online and choose submit application. A non-refundable deposit of $100 per course is due at time of registration on or before May 1. Thereafter, full tuition is required at time of registration and a $100 fee per course for withdrawals through May 19 will be applied. No refunds after May 19 unless a course is cancelled. All balances must be paid in full by May 19 or attendance will not be granted.
4. Submit Payment. Payments are made online with a MasterCard, Visa or eCheck. Credit card payments will be charged a 2.5% service fee. This fee does not apply to eCheck payments.
5. Registration Changes/Withdrawal. A fee of $25 per course will be assessed for all course changes made. A $100 fee per course for withdrawals through May 19 will be applied. No refunds after May 19 unless a course is cancelled.
This information will be updated in February for the 2018 program.
Summer School 2017Arrival
Grades K-5 • Drop-off is in the loop in front of the Schuler Administration Building. Proceed left at the school entrance to the loop for drop-off only. Keep the traffic flow moving. Parking in the loop is never permitted.
• Parents who wish to accompany their child to the classroom should proceed right at the entrance around the back of the school and park in the parking lot.• Please use the walkways at all times. Crossing the roadway is not permitted.
Grades 6-12 • Middle School drop-off is in front of the MS building. Proceed right at the school entrance and around the back of the school. Drop-off is in the left lane only, along the sidewalk in front of the building. The right lane is for traffic proceeding to the parking lot or loop/exit. Parking in the fire lane is never permitted.
• High School drop-off will be the Middle School drop-off area.
• Student parking is available for licensed drivers with motorized vehicles.
Students must be picked up promptly from the designated dismissal area at the front loop only.
K-5 students are dismissed at 10 a.m., 12 p.m., or 3 p.m.
Loop in front of the Administration Building near proper grade level sign (K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
6-12 students are dismissed at 10:05 a.m., 12:15 p.m., or 3:00 p.m.
6-8 students in front of the Middle School Building
9-12 students in front of the High School Building
Students are expected to be picked up within ten minutes of their dismissal time. Students not picked up wait in front of the Administration Building. Students may not remain on campus unless enrolled in consecutive classes. Only students enrolled in a 1:00 p.m. course may stay for supervised lunch and recess. Students who are picked up during school hours must wait in the office for their ride. No student may wait by him/herself.
The Extended Day program offers students activities from 3:00 - 5:45 p.m. Extended Day students are to be signed out by an authorized adult and must be picked up no later than 5:45 p.m. A late fee of $10 for every ten-minute increment after 5:45 p.m. will be charged and collected within three days of the late pick-up.
Students who are picked up from semi-private swimming classes at the pool after 3:00 p.m. are to be signed out by a parent or authorized adult.
This information will be updated in February for the 2018 programSummer School 2017
Arrival & Early Care
Start times for the first two classes are staggered to alleviate traffic. High School and Middle School courses start at 8:15 and 10:25 a.m. with Lower School classes scheduled at 8:00 and 10:10 a.m. If a morning class welcomes students from the Lower and Middle School divisions, the class will follow the Middle School start times of 8:15 and 10:25 a.m. We strongly encourage students in grades 6-12 to be dropped off closer to 8:15 a.m. and report directly to their classrooms.
Students in grades K-5 who arrive between 6:45 - 7:40 a.m. should report to early care in the Wang Auditorium and will transition to their first class at 7:50 a.m. Please do not drop off your child before 6:45 a.m. as no supervision is available. Students arriving after 7:40 a.m. may report directly to their classrooms and wait outside for the teacher.
This information will be updated in February for the 2018 programSummer School 2017:
If your child is not currently enrolled in a school in Hawaii, the form below must be completed by an American physician and turned in to the Summer School office no later than May 19, 2017