Le Jardin Academy offers a number of merit based scholarships to rising 7th and 9th graders who are academically exceptional and well-rounded students. Awards are typically around 25% of tuition, renewed each year and additional need-based aid is available for students, up to 100% of tuition, for families who require further financial support. Families interested in receiving need-based financial assistance above and beyond the scholarship amount may apply for financial aid by February 15, 2020 online at www.sssbynais.org. Applications received after the deadline cannot be considered for need-based assistance in addition to the scholarship.
To qualify for this scholarship, rising 7th and 9th grade students must:
- demonstrate high academic promise and good character
- participate actively in extra-curricular activities in and outside of school
- exhibit outstanding leadership skills
The following items are due to the Director of Admission by February 15, 2020, to be considered for the scholarships:
- Completed scholarship application form and essay
- Teacher reference reports (Academic and extra-curricular)
- Report cards from current and prior year
- SSAT test score report (by March 15th)
- Tuition assistance application submitted through School and Student Services (SSS) (optional)
Pauahi Keiki Scholarship
The Pauahi Keiki Scholars (PKS) program is a need-based scholarship program for eligible applicants who are planning to attend approved, non-Kamehameha Schools preschools in Hawaii. Applications are accepted by Kamehameha schools from November 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019. To apply for this scholarship, visit: www.ksbe.edu/programs.
The Kipona Scholarship (KS) is a need-based scholarship for eligible keiki who are applying to a KS-eligible private school in Hawai'i. Applications are accepted by Kamehameha from August 15, 2019-December 31, 2019. Students of Hawaiian ancestry applying to K, 6, and 9 may apply for the Kipona Scholarship. Families who are awarded the scholarship from Kamehameha will be awarded additional funds from LJA. To apply for this scholarship, visit: www.ksbe.edu/programs.
Child Care Aware Program
Military families may apply for the Child Care Aware of America Assistance program for early and after school care.
Don Dymond Scholarship
Welcoming and casual, the Kalapawai Market and its sister Cafe, located in the heart of Kailua town, embody the values and ethos of its founder, Mr. Don Dymond. In his memory, the Dymond family and many generous donors have established the Don Dymond Scholarship Fund at Le Jardin Academy. In honor of Don, his work ethic, and his commitment to mentor young people in the workplace, this $1,000 award is to acknowledge a LJA student's actual good work, both in school and in the workplace.
Criteria & Requirements:
- Current Le Jardin Academy student going into his/her senior year
- Worked a minimum of 3 consecutive months during his/her high school years or held a job while attending school. Consideration given to 1st: working during the school year, 2nd: during the school year and during the summer, 3rd: during the summer. Internships apply
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
How to Apply:
Submit the following items to the High School Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28.
- A completed Don Dymond Scholarship application form
- Employer verification of at least 3 months of consecutive employment (a formal letter, on letterhead, from the employer will suffice)
- Favorable employer reference
- A short essay explaining how you balance both work and school, and key lessons learned
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Shapiro Family Scholarship
The Shapiro Family Scholarship is awarded to current or incoming Le Jardin Academy students with one or both parents or guardians in the active U.S. military. Students must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.0 or above where applicable. Students from Pre-Kindergarten to High School may apply. Special consideration given to multi-sibling families and families experiencing hardship. Priority given to current recipients and new applicants will be considered pending fund availability. An application form and written essay are due to the Director of Admissions by February 15, 2020 to be considered for the scholarship. For more information or to apply, click here.
Le Jardin Academy provides financial aid to approximately 20% of its student base with an average award in excess of $5,000. These awards generally range from 10% to 50% of total tuition expense and are offered from Grades K-12. The amount of Financial Aid depends upon a family's income, assets, number of dependents, number of children attending an independent school, living expenses, taxes, medical expenses, personal indebtedness, and any extraordinary expenses. The assets and earning of both parents will be considered in determining award amounts. Financial Aid grants are made on the basis of the availability of funds and are consistent with established guidelines.
Families can apply for financial aid online at: www.sssbynais.org. An analysis will be sent directly to Le Jardin Academy. Our school code is 4576.
Copies of the following documents are required along with your online application. Financial Aid applications will not be processed and funds will not be awarded until all documents are submitted. Documents may be uploaded to www.sssbynais.com or mailed in, or walked in. Please do not email documents.
For parents who are divorced, separated, or never married, information for both biological parents is required.
- A copy of signed 2019 federal (1040) income taxes, with all filed schedules and attachments
- A copy of 2019 Wage and Tax Statement/s (Form W2) and/or 1099
- Mortgage Statement or Lease Agreement (if applicable)
- Copy of one month Paycheck/Paystub (most recent)
- Copies of Business tax returns and/or K-1s
2020-21 Application Deadlines:
Current and New Families: February 15, 2020
We will continue to process financial aid applications until all funds have been appropriated.
The Financial Aid Committee will review all applications and new families will be notified of their financial award with the mailing of decision letters. Current families will be notified in March.