Can you believe we are already into October? It's a busy month with many ways for you to connect with other families. We are thrilled to bring these events to you in person. Be sure to mark these dates on your calendar and sign up where you can.
Primary Division Parent Coffee: Thursday, October 6, 8:15 a.m., Main Campus, Wang Auditorium.
PK-5 Families, join our administrative team as they lead you through multiple experiences that will help to give you a 360 degree behind the scenes view of the PYP philosophy and framework. This event is followed by the PFA's first Primary Parent Social of the school year. We hope you'll stay to get to know other parents a bit better.
Parents' Turn to Learn: Thursday, October 20, 5:30-8:00 p.m., Main Campus, Kerr Lookout and Wang Auditorium
Join us for an evening of adult learning and socializing as we engage in discussion around a range of educational topics. Select from a menu of break out sessions and register in advance. Book your babysitter in advance, childcare is not provided on campus for this event. View menu and register
LJA Scholastic Book Fair: Wednesday, October 26 through Friday, October 28
The Book Fair is coming to both campuses!
- Preschool Campus: Book Fair will be open from 7:00 - 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. for parent viewing and purchase on Wednesday, October 26, and Thursday, October 27, and at 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 28 (Parent Conference Day)
- Main Campus: Book Fair will be open for student viewing only during the school days on Wednesday and Thursday. Book Fair will be open for parent viewing and purchasing from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 28 (Parent Conference Day)
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? Volunteer today to help at the Preschool Campus Book Fair and/or the Main Campus Book Fair
Parent Conferences (No School for Students): Friday, October 28
This is an opportunity to meet with your child's teacher about their progress, shared goals, and ways to partner in supporting your child's growth and development. We hope you'll join us. Sign Up For Fall Conferences.
Halloween Parades: Monday, October 31
Parents are invited to attend! In order to make this event possible, please carpool (1 car per family) as parking will be limited. Students and parents are invited to join the teachers in this year's costume theme: "Enchanted Forest/Enchanted Garden."
- PK/JK: 8:15-8:50 a.m. (Lot closes at 8:10 a.m. - Parking for parents located next door at Kailua Baptist Church)
- K-2: 9:20-9:45 a.m. (Parking for K-2 parade opens at 9:00 a.m.)
- 3-5: 10:15-10:45 a.m. (Parking for 3-5 parade opens at 10:00 a.m.)