A MESSAGE FROM THE HEAD OF PRIMARY DIVISION
This was a week of celebration for our faculty and staff as we met with representatives from our accrediting bodies, the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB), Hawaii Association of Independent Schools (HAIS), and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Despite a pandemic in the middle of this six-year authorization term, the teachers reflected on how far we've come!
- increased experiential learning (field trips, community connections, and 'aina time)
- the addition of a teacher professional growth process
- increased professional learning
- improved coordination across the grade levels (vertical curricular alignment)
- adoption of the PYP enhancements to drive student agency and approaches to learning
- the pandemic required teachers to deeply reflect and improve their practices in ways they never expected
I just want to give a huge shout out to our amazing PYP teachers. The visiting team was impressed by the teaching and learning they saw on campus this week!