Aloha LJA Families,
Given the concerns and potential impact of COVID-19 on our community of students, families, and staff, Le Jardin Academy will begin distance learning on Monday, March 30, immediately following Spring Break. This is a preventative measure that we hope will ensure the continued well-being of our students and their learning as our island and global communities take unprecedented actions to overcome this threat.
We will continue to monitor and assess conditions during the month of April to determine if it is possible to resume on-campus instruction. However, given the forecast of spread, families should prepare for the possibility that we may continue distance learning through the end of the academic year. Regardless of the circumstances, I am confident that by working together, we can continue to thrive as an education community until circumstances permit us to gather together once again.
To ensure that everyone is able to enjoy a restful break, our distance learning program will go live on Friday, March 27, via Parent Portal. More details will follow. We hope that you find the teacher sites intuitive and helpful and look forward to your thoughts on how we might improve our lessons for optimal engagement. This is our brave new world, and we are looking forward to learning together with your child(ren) and you.
In preparation for Distance Learning, please know:
- Campus will be open on Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, March 20 with limited hours to allow parents to pick up their child(ren)’s learning kits and personal belongings.
- To comply with social distancing guidelines, please refrain from mingling or lingering.
Junior School - Friday, March 20 | 7:30 - 9:30 a.m. and 3:00-5:00 p.m. in the courtyard
Lower School - Friday, March 20 | 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. | Pick up in Front Office
Middle School - Wednesday, March 18 | 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. | Visit admin for access to classrooms
High School - Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, March 20 | 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Technology support can be requested anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 808-261-0707 ext 1810. Please be sure to leave your name and contact information.
- Both Parent Portal and the Distance Learning Website have a chat function if you need immediate live assistance from a LJA employee.
- Students in Grades K-5 may sign an agreement to borrow a device for home use. Contact email@example.com to arrange.
- Spectrum is offering free broadband and WiFi access to homes with students. https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/coronavirus-internet-offer-students
We are a community of globally-minded citizens with a shared commitment to positively impact our world. We hope the actions that we take now will also serve to exemplify for our students the importance of character, humanity and resilience in the face of unforeseen challenges.
Thank you once more for your support, and best wishes to all of our families in the weeks ahead.