Aʻohe hana nui ke alu ʻia
No task is too big when done together
The school year began with uncertainty. We were on the cusp of the "second wave" but had no idea when it would hit or for how long. We knew that our path forward relied on mutual trust to keep our students and families safe. Together, we made it, and done so with amazing stories that highlight an exceptional year.
- With huge thanks to our Medical Hui, nursing staff and all hands, we were among the first schools to return safely to in-person learning with all of its attendant benefits
- With thanks to our trustees and leadership team, we re-allocated resources to address COVID-related facility preparations and to support families in need
- With thanks to our teachers, coaches and parents, we came together to provide students with "normal" experiences: classes, sports, proms, I-term and celebrations of learning...and the results have been tremendous!
- With well deserved congratulations to the Class of 2021, we witnessed resilience, perseverance, leadership and another banner year for college acceptances
- With thanks to all, we identified our future facilities needs and prioritized projects to enhance students' experiences at LJA. We started the lengthy design and permitting process with a goal of breaking ground on our first project in 2023
- With a nod to all who came before us, we clarified who we are as a school and that which we aspire to be through our mission, vision and core values
I am grateful to the many hands that made this past year so wildly successful. It makes me all the more eager to tackle the challenge of creating a new path forward for those whom we serve. If there is a lesson in the past year's experience, it is that we do not want to return to it, so let's find a new way forward and make our world a better place.
Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
Me ka mahalo nui,