Aloha LJA Families,
Based on current data, projections and experience, the LJA Medical Hui has recommended that we begin the school year in Response Level 2 (see LJA Response Level chart). This means that in-person instruction will still be provided on campus with the option to do distance learning; however, on-campus programs will:
- Follow stricter distancing and masking guidelines
- Prohibit field trips that require travel
- Keep students in smaller ‘ohana bubbles, to the extent possible
- Follow Division Learning Plans (discussed at previous information sessions)
- Anticipate that sports leagues will be further restricting activity
We intend to provide face-to-face instruction whenever and wherever we can safely do so for our students, staff and community.
Much preparation and hard work has gone into promoting a safe and healthy campus learning environment and also to ensure that we are well-prepared to quickly pivot into distance learning if conditions warrant a change to Response Level 3. Should distance learning be necessitated at any point in the school year, we remain poised to transition back to face-to-face as soon as conditions safely permit.
We are confident that with the kokua of all students, families and staff we can minimize the likelihood that COVID will spread on campus, and I can’t tell you how we are looking forward to a great year at LJA! I will keep you apprised of any developments as they arise.
E malama ola,